Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ukraine -- Jewish Cemetery Photos from Trix Rosen

Jewish cemetery, Cernivtsi, Ukraine. July 2006. Photo (c) Ruth Ellen Gruber

The American photographer Trix Rosen used my book Jewish Heritage Travel: A Guide to Eastern Europe to chart a recent trip through Ukraine. She and a friend visited Chernivtsi, Sadhora, Kremenets, Sataniv, and Sharhorod as well as the pilgrimage tombs in Uman and Medzhybizh.

She has posted an essay about her trip and some of the photographs she took on her web site -- click HERE to view.

I've posted some of my own photos from Bolekhiv and elsewhere in Ukraine on this blog, and you can see more of my photographs from Ukraine in the photo section of my web site -- click HERE. (Photos from elsewhere can be accessed through the mail "Photos" page.)

1 comment:

  1. Your book is such a wonderful resource, and I have used it myself, last year, when I traveled to England and Scotland. I will write a post with some photos, and when I do, I will let you know.

    I intend to use it for future travel in Europe.

    ~~JewWishes
    http://www.jewwishes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete