Monday, June 28, 2010

Poland Backlog

 Photo (c) Ruth Ellen Gruber


I'm in Poland, and I have a lot to post about Jewish heritage in the little (rather depressed and depressing) town of Piotrkow Trybunalski -- and also my impressions from Krakow, where I am attending the latest edition -- the 20th --  of the Festival of Jewish Culture.

I doubt if anyone out there is holding their breath for these reports..... but I'll get to them! Meanwhile a photo or two from the wonderful Jewish cemetery in Piotrkow....

Photo (c) Ruth Ellen Gruber

2 comments:

  1. I visited this cemetery once year ago.
    I talked with a woman who cares for the cemetery.
    It was rather sad history

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Yorker in PolandAugust 3, 2010 at 12:53 AM

    Ms. Gruber, what did you find so "depressing' about the city of Piotrków Trybunalski? It isn't at all. I've been there several times and thought the old town area was quite nice. Even the modern section of the city wasn't so bad. My photos speak for themselves...it's an attractive city and my friends in the USA thought so as well. I've read your article on JTA, and again, your opinion is the same.

    ReplyDelete